CMU School of Drama


Tuesday, September 08, 2026

Dollywood details 2027 plans to honor Dolly Parton

www.themeparkinsider.com: In a presentation at the Pigeon Forge, Tennessee theme park today, Dollywood Parks & Resorts President Eugene Naughton revealed that Dolly Parton, before her death last week, had reviewed and approved expansion plans for the park and its hotels for the next 10 years. That means that Dolly's direct influence will continue to be felt at the park for the next decade and beyond.

3 comments:

Violet Hisey said...

I am overjoyed to hear that Dollywood will continue to honor and reflect on Dolly Parton and her legacy, especially since the announcement of her passing a couple weeks ago. I love the new addition of the “Dream Maker”, which allows visitors to reflect on how Dolly has impacted their lives. Additionally, the waterfall at the entrance of the park and the chapel built in her honor is a good example of how we should handle celebrity deaths, especially when one’s reach was so broad. All of the new additions to reflect on Dolly’s passing is a great way to honor her legacy. I think that converting Dollywood into a space that honors Dolly’s wishes for the park after her passing, while also keeping the true nature of the park alive is the perfect way to honor her.

Cal Murphy said...

I loved this article! I think that the tributes planned to honor Dolly are really touching, and I love the fact that they’ll be using plans approved by Dolly herself for at least another decade of expansion. I think that it’s really important to keep both her memory and her vision alive; by using plans and attractions that she created and agreed upon, it ensures that Dollywood will stay true to her vision, even without her here to shepherd it anymore. Additionally, I also really loved the idea of Wildwood Grove, and the idea of letting guests share their own stories of Dolly and how she inspired them. I think it’s a fantastic way to let her memory live on organically; by letting people share their own opinions, stories, and thoughts, the park will be able to reflect a true version of Dolly that will preserve her life and values.

Ali M said...

Dolly Parton is very near and dear to my heart. I visited Dollywood with my family and some family friends a few years ago, and I absolutely adored how the place practically emulated Dolly everywhere you looked. I am very grateful that the park plans to honor her in so many different ways. My personal favorite edition to the park in her honor would be the interactive kiosks in the Wildwood Grove. I really hope Dollywood will stay open for many years to come, and by showing younger guests how much Dolly meant to people and how many lives she changed, they will want to help continue preserving her legacy, not just in the park, but beyond as well. I also hope they release the edited version of the Dolly Parton Experience film, as it could help some grieving fans receive closure. I also love how they are creating more emphasis throughout the park on Dolly’s Imagination Library, as I believe that is a part of her legacy that she really prioritized its continuation as she was making these preparations with the Dollywood team.