Community, Leadership, Experimentation, Diversity, & Education
Pittsburgh Arts, Regional Theatre, New Work, Producing, Copyright, Labor Unions,
New Products, Coping Skills, J-O-Bs...
Theatre industry news, University & School of Drama Announcements, plus occasional course support for
Carnegie Mellon School of Drama Faculty, Staff, Students, and Alumni.
CMU School of Drama
Thursday, September 17, 2026
Asolo Repertory Theatre Awarded $85,000 Strategic Partnership Grant
BroadwayWorld: Asolo Repertory Theatre has received an $85,000 Strategic Partnership grant from the Community Foundation of Sarasota County to support its 2026–2027 season. Funding for this grant was made possible by the Community Foundation's Allen Wirtz Nobbe and Jo Bowen Nobbe Fund, Zella I. and Junius F. Allen Fund, and Two-Generation Approach Fund.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Sarasota and Asolo Rep mentioned!!! I absolutely adore the productions Asolo puts on, they are truly so spectacular. The Historic Asolo works a lot with my high school so I’ve been given a lot of opportunities to truly know the space (their costume shop is to die for) and many opportunities to see the shows. My favorite that I’ve seen there was from this past season when they did Fiddler on the Roof, truly truly amazing–I could genuinely talk about it all day long. Im very happy that the Asolo is working with the community foundation, their organization is so great and I’m really happy that they’re investing in theatre in Sarasota. Even though Sarasota is known as an arts city and has plenty of wealthy families putting money into the system, theatre there is still largely underfunded. I am very excited to see what the Asolo does this season, especially with this donation; I can’t wait to go back home and see a show at the most beautiful theatre in Florida.
I am so happy to see news like this! Some of my family lives in Sarasota, and I grew up going to visit them a couple of times each year. The Asolo was where I saw the first theatre I can remember, and those shows were 100% the reason I’m pursuing it today. Their production of The Music Man I saw when I was ten is probably why I wanted to be put into tap dancing lessons, and their Cabaret inspired me to want to be a designer. The shows that they put on are consistently of an extremely high caliber, and they are always thoughtful, impactful, and beautifully designed. That’s why I’m so excited to see that they’re receiving this funding, because it will give so many more kids the opportunities to see these productions. I have experienced firsthand the power that theatre has to change the path of someone’s life, so it’s a relief to hear news about a company receiving more funding as opposed to having it cut. I’m sure I’ll be seeing their Singin’ in the Rain this winter!
Post a Comment