Community, Leadership, Experimentation, Diversity, & Education
Pittsburgh Arts, Regional Theatre, New Work, Producing, Copyright, Labor Unions,
New Products, Coping Skills, J-O-Bs...
Theatre industry news, University & School of Drama Announcements, plus occasional course support for
Carnegie Mellon School of Drama Faculty, Staff, Students, and Alumni.
CMU School of Drama
Monday, September 21, 2026
IBC 2026 Preview: The big picture, from proving flexibility to proving its worth
NCS | NewscastStudio: A framing conversation runs underneath every other topic at IBC 2026, running Sept. 11-14 in Amsterdam: how production, distribution, audience engagement and monetization continue to converge across the media industry, and what that convergence is actually worth to the organizations paying for it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
If only I were in Amsterdam a few weeks ago. Anyway, I'm going to ignore the AI side of the discussion (just like the article mostly does), as I think it has little role in the showing of live theater (maybe more in pre-production), and focus on what I see growing and actually pretty common in the theater world: industry standards and companies at the same time working to create a compatible ecosystem. In terms of industry standards, I feel like we've actually done pretty well with that, from DMX to sACN to Dante, although some areas still need coordination, and may never come together, such as Wireless DMX. In terms of combined ecosystems, looking at companies such as Shure, I just read one of their blogs talking about how they AD and ADX systems use the same receiver and can use the same master receiver coordinator, and of course many of their mics are designed to have different capsules on the same mic body--just generally, they have done a great job making their ecosystems combined--Wireless Workbench is another example.
Post a Comment