Community, Leadership, Experimentation, Diversity, & Education
Pittsburgh Arts, Regional Theatre, New Work, Producing, Copyright, Labor Unions,
New Products, Coping Skills, J-O-Bs...
Theatre industry news, University & School of Drama Announcements, plus occasional course support for
Carnegie Mellon School of Drama Faculty, Staff, Students, and Alumni.
CMU School of Drama
Friday, September 25, 2026
5 Must-See Off Broadway Shows, New and Remounted
The New York Times: The director Lucie Tiberghien stages a charming (and free!) production of Stephen Wadsworth’s swift and sparkling adaptation of Molière’s 1665 comedy about the rogue Don Juan — that serial bigamist, notorious killer, insouciant blasphemer and jerk. Three superb multitasking performers (Daniel Pearce, Michelle Veintimilla and Naomi Lorrain) become a cast of a dozen or more, all dashing around Keshav Moodliar, who plays the titular seducer, and Kaliswa Brewster, who plays Don Juan’s reluctant servant Sganarelle.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
All five of these plays sound really cool and different from each other. Often I feel like Broadway has much more of a mold for what gets put on since the Broadway theaters are run by only a few families. Off Broadway seems to have some great new shows opening that I would love a chance to see. I also really like how the author takes time to discuss all the elements of the shows. The write ups of the detail in some of the costumes and acting make me really want to see the shows. I thought the live album experience show, ‘Beyond the Stardust’, seems interesting and I would love to read more about what happens in the production. As someone who goes to see shows quite frequently articles like this help me find shows that are playing in a given area that I might buy tickets to.
Post a Comment