CMU School of Drama


Thursday, September 24, 2026

Pittsburgh International Jazz Festival to Feature Kid Capri and Eric Roberson

BroadwayWorld: The August Wilson African American Cultural Center’s (AWAACC) 2026 B.U.I.L.D. Residency Program, made possible with major support from the Joyce and George Wein Foundation, features Kid Capri, the iconic New York Grammy-winning rapper, DJ and producer, and Eric Roberson, the acclaimed R&B and soul singer, songwriter, and producer known as a pioneer of the independent music movement. Both artists will appear at the 16th Annual Pittsburgh International Jazz Festival co-presented by Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield (PIJF) September 17 – 20.

1 comment:

Cal Murphy said...

I loved this article! I can’t say I’ve heard of the AWAACC before, but it seems like their B.U.I.L.D. residency program is really amazing! I think it’s a great way to uplift other artists, especially those who have been historically disadvantaged, and the resources offered by the program are incredibly extensive, I also really liked the fact that the program is designed to build both an artist’s artistic and business capabilities; it provides opportunities for creative workshops, yes, but it also helps them build a network and manage their own label and business. The festival headliners are also both incredibly well-known, which will bring attention to the festival and to the AWAACC as a whole. Additionally, I think that the Jazz Festival will really help to showcase Pittsburgh’s vibrant artistic community, and I think it’s a fantastic opportunity for both artists and music lovers in general!