CMU School of Drama


Friday, September 25, 2026

Benjamin Pajak on finding his ‘superpower’ with The Lost Boys

Curtaincallbwy.com: After making his Broadway debut in 2022 in The Music Man alongside Hugh Jackman and Sutton Foster, and playing the title role in Oliver! at Encores! NY City Center, Benjamin Pajak is back on Broadway to originate the stage role of Sam Emerson in The Lost Boys.

3 comments:

mai b said...

I think it is super cool that people like Benjamin are able to get a start in broadway so early, along with that though I also hope that this is something that he actually wants to do and does not get burnt out so quickly. There has been many a tale of child and younger actors getting so many roles in their youth that by the time they get to a point where they are able to play the leading role they’ve been thoroughly burnt out and have to take a step back for however long and sometimes even forever. On another note I have been really wanting to go see Lost Boys! I unfortunately have only ever seen one broadway show and never really get to visit NYC, but next time I go if it is still running I will go see it. It seems very good and interesting

Anton Popowitz said...

Admittedly, I was anticipated clichés on how fulfilling acting has been for him, yet this interview was not just that. The teenager is only fifteen years old and already knows the minutia of the craft, stating that he always tries to bring something novel to every show. For my part, this level of self-awareness at such an age is rather impressive.

The thing I liked the most was the development of Sam Emerson. The actor didn't just use the movie but also consulted Corey Haim's sister and incorporated aspects of Sam Emerson in Winthrop and Oliver's previous performances. It's so respectful and creative!

Moreover, it was awesome to hear that kids who come to his stage door praise "Superpower" and how he makes them feel understood. This is basically the aim of theatre as a form of art! Also, Benjamin Pajak honestly told how difficult it was for him to keep re-writing because of his ADHD.

Abby Weitzel said...

To have had a Broadway contract performing alongside legends, have originated an additional Broadway role, have worked in multiple other major productions, and have starred in a few productions by the age of 15 is unheard of. I knew nothing about Benjamin Pajak before reading this article, but I am immensely impressed by the eloquence, maturity, and work ethic that he displays. He is so aware of every step of the theatrical process. He speaks about the creative team, his castmates, the writing room process, and the general Broadway experience with such knowledge. I was moved by the way he spoke (or the way I imagine him to speak after reading), and learning that he has learned to work with ADHD has made me even more impressed by this young man. I love that he is so loyal to his fans, and that he takes the time to really listen to their words, whether at the stage door or online. I have no doubt that he will continue to find success in this industry, as I cannot wait to see what projects he pursues in the future.