Community, Leadership, Experimentation, Diversity, & Education
Pittsburgh Arts, Regional Theatre, New Work, Producing, Copyright, Labor Unions,
New Products, Coping Skills, J-O-Bs...
Theatre industry news, University & School of Drama Announcements, plus occasional course support for
Carnegie Mellon School of Drama Faculty, Staff, Students, and Alumni.
CMU School of Drama
Monday, September 21, 2026
Who Is the New Director of the Carnegie Museum of Natural History?
Pittsburgh Magazine: A new leader will take the helm at the Carnegie Museum of Natural History.
Carnegie Museums announced that Carey Scheide Miller has been appointed as the new director and vice president of the museum. Since 2023, she has served as the vice president and chief development officer for Carnegie Museums, leading outreach and philanthropic support for the four institutions under its umbrella.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I think this is very exciting news. Carey Miller seems like a qualified person to fill this position, and I’m excited to see what she does. I went to the Carnegie Museum of Natural History this spring and I found it to be very enjoyable but somewhat confusingly laid out so I hope that Carey addresses the confusing signage. I also hope that the Museum will repair the children's dig exhibit which was permanently closed at the time of my visit. I think the museum currently is not as child friendly as it could be, and while it is important to have museums that cater to adults, the natural history museum does not clearly fall onto either side of the spectrum. I believe Carey could significantly improve the museum by reinstating the currently closed children's features, allowing the museum to cater to both of its primary audiences much more effectively.
Post a Comment