Community, Leadership, Experimentation, Diversity, & Education
Pittsburgh Arts, Regional Theatre, New Work, Producing, Copyright, Labor Unions,
New Products, Coping Skills, J-O-Bs...
Theatre industry news, University & School of Drama Announcements, plus occasional course support for
Carnegie Mellon School of Drama Faculty, Staff, Students, and Alumni.
CMU School of Drama
Monday, September 07, 2026
Jasmine Amy Rogers, Ben Levi Ross, and Sam Tutty Are Winners of Clive Barnes Awards
Playbill: The 16th Annual Clive Barnes Award ceremony will be held on October 19 at 6:30 PM at the Martha Graham Studios in New York City. Hosted by Budd Mishkin of 1010WINS and Before the Cheering Started podcast, the annual Clive Barnes Awards recognizes young, outstanding talent.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
While I hadn’t heard of the Clive Barnes awards until reading this article, I think that the foundation’s use of their platform to award young, talented artists in theatre and dance is a great way to ensure that younger artists get the recognition they deserve. Additionally, these awards heavily remind me of the Tony awards, and I think that the Clive Barnes foundation mirroring this style of awards show with performances shown in between announcements is a really great way to celebrate theatre nationally. I also think that recognizing young artists for creative areas beyond theatre, such as dance and media/journalism is a good way to show a wide range of talents across New York City. Overall, I think that this is a great way to recognize artists in New York City, whether they’ve performed on Broadway or not.
Post a Comment