Community, Leadership, Experimentation, Diversity, & Education
Pittsburgh Arts, Regional Theatre, New Work, Producing, Copyright, Labor Unions,
New Products, Coping Skills, J-O-Bs...
Theatre industry news, University & School of Drama Announcements, plus occasional course support for
Carnegie Mellon School of Drama Faculty, Staff, Students, and Alumni.
CMU School of Drama
Tuesday, September 08, 2026
Dollywood details 2027 plans to honor Dolly Parton
www.themeparkinsider.com: In a presentation at the Pigeon Forge, Tennessee theme park today, Dollywood Parks & Resorts President Eugene Naughton revealed that Dolly Parton, before her death last week, had reviewed and approved expansion plans for the park and its hotels for the next 10 years. That means that Dolly's direct influence will continue to be felt at the park for the next decade and beyond.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I am overjoyed to hear that Dollywood will continue to honor and reflect on Dolly Parton and her legacy, especially since the announcement of her passing a couple weeks ago. I love the new addition of the “Dream Maker”, which allows visitors to reflect on how Dolly has impacted their lives. Additionally, the waterfall at the entrance of the park and the chapel built in her honor is a good example of how we should handle celebrity deaths, especially when one’s reach was so broad. All of the new additions to reflect on Dolly’s passing is a great way to honor her legacy. I think that converting Dollywood into a space that honors Dolly’s wishes for the park after her passing, while also keeping the true nature of the park alive is the perfect way to honor her.
I loved this article! I think that the tributes planned to honor Dolly are really touching, and I love the fact that they’ll be using plans approved by Dolly herself for at least another decade of expansion. I think that it’s really important to keep both her memory and her vision alive; by using plans and attractions that she created and agreed upon, it ensures that Dollywood will stay true to her vision, even without her here to shepherd it anymore. Additionally, I also really loved the idea of Wildwood Grove, and the idea of letting guests share their own stories of Dolly and how she inspired them. I think it’s a fantastic way to let her memory live on organically; by letting people share their own opinions, stories, and thoughts, the park will be able to reflect a true version of Dolly that will preserve her life and values.
Post a Comment