Community, Leadership, Experimentation, Diversity, & Education
Pittsburgh Arts, Regional Theatre, New Work, Producing, Copyright, Labor Unions,
New Products, Coping Skills, J-O-Bs...
Theatre industry news, University & School of Drama Announcements, plus occasional course support for
Carnegie Mellon School of Drama Faculty, Staff, Students, and Alumni.
CMU School of Drama
Tuesday, September 08, 2026
PPI Urges Court to Reject Live Nation-Ticketmaster Settlement
www.ticketnews.com: The Progressive Policy Institute is urging the federal judge reviewing the Justice Department’s proposed settlement with Live Nation and Ticketmaster to reject the agreement, arguing that meaningful competition would require not only separating Ticketmaster from Live Nation but breaking the ticketing giant into several smaller companies.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Well, of course, as a consumer, I am very happy that PPI is intervening and attempting to not let this settlement go through. Ignoring the allegations of political interference, I think simply the fact that LNTM ignored their previous terms of merging shows that we should not trust them at all, and frankly, harshly punish them for violating their terms. I strongly assume that the higher prices they are charging aren't trickling down to the working people who are putting on the shows, or even the artists, instead just going into the pockets of the companies. I hope that whatever the outcome here is, it is better for both the consumer and venues and artists.
Post a Comment