CMU School of Drama


Friday, September 11, 2026

Behr Names Grounded Its 2027 Color of the Year

design-milk.com: Green certainly isn’t revolutionary in interiors, but Behr’s 2027 Color of the Year makes the case that there is still plenty of territory to explore. Grounded (T27-01) sits somewhere between moss and olive, tempered by brown undertones that give the shade a noticeably earthier character.

1 comment:

JoyceILoveCats123 said...

I never truly understood the depth of soul-crushing, unrelenting boredom until I opened an article about the Behr paint color of the year "Grounded." Described as a shade stranded between moss and olive, The more I read the article, the more boring it got. It was seriously an article about how in the middle of the day the olive tones of the color become pronounced and then in the evening the brown undertones surface to reveal deeper meanings of warming and enveloping feelings. Seriously, the article said that. Then the article went on about how the responsiveness to light was intentional and dozens of formulas and people worked to create this paint color, and then it talks about the absurdity that all interiors have to be pale neutrals when you can have “warmer, earthier and more expressive” color. And the color is the most boring shade of green I've ever seen; a visual vacuum so thoroughly exhausting that my eyes strained just to process it, and my laptop screen wasted precious battery life merely rendering its dullness. This article could have been an email. Sorry, people interested in the green paint called Grounded.