CMU School of Drama


Tuesday, September 15, 2026

IATSE Applauds Building Momentum for US Federal Film and Television Production Incentive as Trump Announces Support

IATSE: IATSE welcomes President Donald Trump’s public endorsement of a federal film and television production incentive and is encouraged to see growing support for a policy the union has championed for years, Tuesday.

1 comment:

Ali M said...

After reading two articles regarding Trump and the Kennedy Center, I was a bit nervous opening this article. However, there was no direct mention of what President Trump said specifically regarding support for a federal film and television production incentive. Not knowing the context of how he delivered his support is a bit worrisome (we don’t know what he exactly said, when he said it, or in what context he said it) because we don't know what exactly will be included with this incentive. I absolutely agree with IATSE’s efforts to have a federal incentive to help keep American filmmaking competitive with international filmmaking, and I am happy that there is a bipartisan group in Congress that will oversee writing the incentive. It does not seem like this situation could escalate badly like the Kennedy Center’s situation unfortunately did. It’s always nice to hear some good news about the arts receiving more support, but the vagueness of how that support is being offered from this article worries me. I did visit the link included in this article to possibly get more information, but this link only described the incentive’s presentation to Congress and the Trump administration, not their responses. However, the linked article did illustrate IATSE's proposed incentive more clearly, so hopefully what the organization planned will be what is delivered. I hope a more detailed report about how this incentive is being received and crafted is released soon, because this proposed incentive could be incredibly helpful for the American film industry.