Community, Leadership, Experimentation, Diversity, & Education
Pittsburgh Arts, Regional Theatre, New Work, Producing, Copyright, Labor Unions,
New Products, Coping Skills, J-O-Bs...
Theatre industry news, University & School of Drama Announcements, plus occasional course support for
Carnegie Mellon School of Drama Faculty, Staff, Students, and Alumni.
CMU School of Drama
Wednesday, September 02, 2026
Home Improvement Tools At Lowe's Under $100 Worth Adding To Your Collection
www.slashgear.com: Every DIYer knows the sinking feeling that comes when you uncover a problem you don't have the tools to handle. Missing a crucial tool can add hours of workaround effort to the job or perhaps even make for a more dangerous resolution that shouldn't really be attempted by anyone but an experienced tool user (and maybe not even them at times).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
For a long time I didn’t know much about tools or have too much interest in them, but once I joined theatre and got involved in the technical end I began to have a need for them. I’m proud of what I’ve learned in the past two years and would love to learn more about tools, so that I can have the knowledge needed both as a scenic designer and an eventual home owner. I found this article quite educational, and it outlined some basic tools I should start with- a lot of them were cheaper than I expected which was great. I sent my brother a link to the Kobalt 6-inch Variable Speed Polisher for polishing cars, and would personally start out with the Craftsman V20 Random Orbit Sander or the Skil 15 Amp 7-1/4-inch Circular Saw. I appreciated their price and felt that they would be the most versatile when beginning my collection.
Post a Comment