CMU School of Drama


Friday, September 11, 2026

Battery Park City Announces Free Fall 2026 Events

www.timeout.com/newyork: Lower Manhattan is about to get considerably brighter. Battery Park City has unveiled its fall 2026 programming, with four months of free performances, festivals, environmental events and community celebrations planned along the waterfront.

2 comments:

Cal Murphy said...

I loved this article! I really enjoyed getting to read about all the different kinds of events - light shows, community celebrations, park walks, and more, all entirely for free. I think it’s really important that art is made accessible to everyone, and that communities are given ways to bring themselves together without having to pay an arm and a leg. Additionally, I also really appreciated the breadth and diversity of the events planned; everything from a light show, to a Día de los Muertos celebration, to a wide variety of concerts with different genres and artists. The events are open to anyone, and the diversity of the celebrations is a great way to introduce people to other cultures, and allow everyone to celebrate them together. I think that it’s a great way to add both culture and joy into a community, and I hope that Battery Park City is able to continue programs like this for many years to come!

Clara S said...

I think free art is very important to keep it accessible and in the community. The Battery Park City season seems to be doing a great job at that. The large variety of programs they have with light shows, djs, projection mapping, climate events, silent discos, and more offer something for any audience member. The interactive nature of the programs is also a great way to get involved. They are teaching fishing, beekeeping, and raising awareness for climate protection as well as making the audience part of the show. By encouraging attendees to dress in glowing or neon outfits, they are building a vibrant community along with putting on arts programming. Additionally the big celebrations for holidays including Dia de los Muertos and Christmas bring even more community engagement and joy which they have made open to all creating a diverse community gathering and encouraging exploration of different cultures and art forms.