Community, Leadership, Experimentation, Diversity, & Education
Pittsburgh Arts, Regional Theatre, New Work, Producing, Copyright, Labor Unions,
New Products, Coping Skills, J-O-Bs...
Theatre industry news, University & School of Drama Announcements, plus occasional course support for
Carnegie Mellon School of Drama Faculty, Staff, Students, and Alumni.
CMU School of Drama
Tuesday, August 25, 2026
THE DANCE AND THE RAILROAD by David Henry Hwang to be…
www.broadwayworld.com: Two workers. One strike. A shared dream. Asian American theater collective Artists at Play and Latino Theater Company will reunite for their fourth collaboration in four years with a rare revival of The Dance and the Railroad, a haunting and deeply moving early work by David Henry Hwang.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I think that this show sounds really interesting, and I would love to try and read the script for it! I think that article makes a lot of good points about The Dance and the Railroad being very timely right now; the play revolves around two immigrant workers who, despite harsh conditions, difficult labor, and cultural displacement, still manage to bond through their shared love of an art form (in this case, traditional Chinese opera). I think that now, when immigrants are being dehumanized, it’s important to create art that focuses on them and their experiences - their humanity, which is just as full and realized as non-immigrants, and the way that art from all over the world can serve to bring people together and provide light in dark times. All in all, I think this is an incredibly important play, and I plan to read through it as soon as I can!
Post a Comment