Community, Leadership, Experimentation, Diversity, & Education
Pittsburgh Arts, Regional Theatre, New Work, Producing, Copyright, Labor Unions,
New Products, Coping Skills, J-O-Bs...
Theatre industry news, University & School of Drama Announcements, plus occasional course support for
Carnegie Mellon School of Drama Faculty, Staff, Students, and Alumni.
CMU School of Drama
Wednesday, August 26, 2026
Dolly Parton’s Broadway Musical Will Proceed Following Her Death
www.thewrap.com: “As was Dolly’s wish, the Broadway production of ‘Dolly: A True Original Musical’ will begin previews December 7 at the St. James Theatre in New York City with opening set for January 19, 2027, what would have been her 81st birthday,” a spokesperson for the production told TheWrap on Tuesday.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I remember seeing a bunch of like audition videos for this musical on social media within the past year, but I honestly completely forgot that this musical was still in the works and set to be on Broadway within the next year. I think that aside from her albums and her music, it's really beautiful that her legacy can live on throughout this show. I just went over to the website of the show that they were talking about in this article, and I watched a welcome/introduction video that Dolly made for the show, which was bittersweet to watch. I see that it's opening at the St James Theater on January 19th, 2027, which would be Dolly Parton's 81st birthday, so I hope to make it to see the show while it's running on Broadway. I know her songs like Jolene and 9:00 to 5:00 are featured in the show, and I'm curious to see what other songs of hers are also featured in this musical.
Post a Comment