CMU School of Drama


Friday, August 28, 2026

5 Best Musicals to See During NYC Broadway Week

www.timeout.com: The only thing better than seeing live theater is seeing live theater without going into debt for it. As that is an increasingly rare circumstance, things like NYC Broadway Week take on added heft. Like Restaurant Week or Black Friday sales, this is the chance to tell yourself you're losing money if you don't buy 2-for-1 tickets to 25 Broadway shows. That's just math.

2 comments:

Sophie Bilodeau said...

I am embarrassed to say that I had no idea until reading this article that broadway week even existed, but it seems like a pretty good deal (even though I would be spending more money than I would have otherwise). I thought it was interesting how the article spent time talking about how the various musicals would make one feel, and the (for lack of a better word) vibe for each show. It makes me think that what people look for when they go to see a Broadway musical blind is a certain vibe. Like if I wanted the feeling of being at a concert, I might see “Six”.
Maybe this comes from the obsession my generation has with aesthetics. I notice this in myself. Around autumn, I always watch “When Harry Met Sally”. I don’t really remember much about the story (Even though I’ve watched it dozens of times), but I do remember how it makes me feel – which is just how I want to feel in the autumn. It’s like a hallmark movie. Maybe people can care less about the plot of the show as long as they like the aesthetic and how the show makes them feel.

Eliza Earle said...

Fundraisers such as 2 for one deals are always hit or miss for me even in regards to seeing a Broadway show. Being able to get 2 tickets for the price of one is an incredible deal and will motivate many people to come out and view performances with people who might not have previously made the night time journey. But it doesn't necessarily mean you will be able to see more shows. As an audience member you will still be forced to pick a singular show to go see but instead of being alone your friend can tag along too. I wish Broadway came together to offer a two for one deal but the second ticket is to a different show. This would cause audience members to branch out from their first choice shoes such as Hadestown or Outsiders and see many of the other fabulous plays that are currently being performed.