CMU School of Drama


Monday, August 24, 2026

Fake Food, Giant Sequins, and Artificial Dirt? There's a List for That!

ExhibiTricks: The Museum Exhibit Design Blog: If you've been reading ExhibiTricks for a while, you already know I'm a sucker for a good "trusted source." That one supplier who has exactly the weird thing you need at 4:45 on a Friday afternoon. Well, one of my favorite FREE resources is The Great Big Museum Exhibit Resource List, and if you've never dug into it before, today's your lucky day!

1 comment:

Alexander Weiss said...

My interest wasn't so much in this article, but the actual website it was talking about. I went and explored the Museum Resource List to see what they had. I was taken aback by how many resources there were. I especially enjoyed looking at the miscellaneous section of the list. I didn't realize it was that easy to buy playground equipment. The website itself does look a little sketchy, but overall it's a great encyclopedia of resources for museums. It seems like a great place to find random items for theater as well. I feel like I have found a resource that I may actually utilize for myself and shows that I work on. About the article itself, it did a good job of enticing me to look and explore the actual resource it was advertising. It talked about a wide spectrum of websites that could be found on the list and intrigued me with its promises of dirt and giant sequins.