CMU School of Drama


Monday, August 31, 2026

12 Must-See Musicals On Stage This Fall on Broadway and Off-Broadway

Playbill: As crisp autumn air looks to settle over New York City in just a few, short, weeks, a thrilling new wave of musical theatre is taking over the stage! While Broadway brings its share of heavy-hitting stars, Off-Broadway is ready to burst at the seams with wildly original scores and bold stagings.

1 comment:

Olivia Green said...

I found it interesting how so many up and coming musicals on and off broadway are biographies or retellings of historical events. I feel like so many musicals I’ve enjoyed have been inspired by books or films so it's a new angle to look so focused on the lives of real figures. The wide span of time frames is interesting as well from Galileo to Dolly Parton and I am interested in seeing how their historical placement affects the genre of the musical. On a separate note I’m very excited to learn more about The Heart. It seems like a very engaging and tense show where the stakes are extremely present and real in the medical field. It seems like a musical that will both explore the physical and emotional aspects of organ transplants in a way that isn’t as easily shown through film or television like many of the current medical dramas.