Community, Leadership, Experimentation, Diversity, & Education
Pittsburgh Arts, Regional Theatre, New Work, Producing, Copyright, Labor Unions,
New Products, Coping Skills, J-O-Bs...
Theatre industry news, University & School of Drama Announcements, plus occasional course support for
Carnegie Mellon School of Drama Faculty, Staff, Students, and Alumni.
CMU School of Drama
Monday, September 14, 2026
Why You Feel Time-Poor Even After Work Hours Dropped
www.asianefficiency.com: The people who come to me for productivity coaching are already overwhelmed. They’re living in email, Slack, WhatsApp, and DMs. They feel like they never have enough time. If that’s who I spend my days with, I start assuming the whole world is drowning.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I think that this is an interesting way to look at why people don’t think they have enough time on their hands. As someone who likes to stay busy pretty much all the time but also feels like I have enough time to accomplish everything I need to, I find it interesting that over 80% of people think they need more time. I also find the auditing that seems to help some people stay on track of their time management intriguing. I wonder why people feel the need to hire a productivity coach, especially when the coach is just telling them to use ChatGPT and to-do lists, as most of these people already do. I find the invention of this profession and the aspects of it especially odd, as the job of a “productivity coach” doesn’t necessarily seem real.
I really like the idea of an “I did it” list. I have spent the last 5 years of my life being controlled by my to-do list. I am so consumed by the never-ending tasks I need to complete that I find myself so distracted when doing anything for pleasure. When I spend time with my loved ones, work out, or even eat a meal, I’m always trying to come up with a way to multitask so that I can remain productive while doing mundane tasks. Can I eat breakfast while I commute somewhere? Can I read while I eat? Can I stretch while I…… It never ends, and I find it so exhausting. I hate this world we live in where we are constantly reachable. I envy the way my parents grew up and truly believe that recognizing the things that we achieve, rather than the things we’ve yet to complete, would help this mindset. I know I can’t just rewire my brain overnight, but I think it’s a good start.
Post a Comment