CMU School of Drama


Friday, September 11, 2026

Rendez-vous 2026 Brings Canada's Live Performance Community Together in Ottawa

Lighting&Sound America Online - News: 2026 Rendez-vous, held August 12 to 14 in Ottawa, Ontario, brought together emerging and established professionals from across Canada's live performance and events industry. The annual conference and trade show, which moves to a different Canadian city each year, welcomed both CITT/ICTS members and non-members in a welcoming, hands-on environment designed to inspire ideas, strengthen connections, and support career growth.

1 comment:

mai b said...

I personally have never heard of they're being a trade show for theater people. I've heard a lot about as someone in the music community where people will go around and go to instrument conventions or they'll be selling like the latest brand of instrument. I think it's really cool that they're able to have these events so that people who work in the live performance industry can meet others and also learn about new products that might be innovative and leading the game. I've never heard of any in the US but clearly this is like a big thing in Canada, if there are any in the US I think it would be really fun to be able to go to one and check out all these new instruments and also be able to meet people. I think it's really cool that they also offered practical workshops for maybe people to try out fields that they've never done before, because theater is such a multifaceted space and most people don't know how to do everything.