CMU School of Drama


Tuesday, September 15, 2026

Quantum Theatre Names Katie Brook New Artistic Director

Table Magazine: When Quantum Theatre announced that founder and longtime artistic director Karla Boos would be stepping down, the company launched an international search for her successor. In the end, they found their choice — in rehearsals for Quantum’s next show.

1 comment:

Abby Weitzel said...


I learned about the Quantum Theatre through my basic design Pittsburgh Scavenger Hunt project, in which we were instructed to explore a new organization/location we were unfamiliar with, and I was so happy I got the opportunity to explore Quantum and Karla Boos. Karla was such a visionary and managed to create a community of artists willing to take risks, and transform unconventional spaces into a functioning venue. Pittsburgh is her playground, and I was so intrigued to learn more about her predecessor and what the future of Quantum will look like after her. Katie Brook seems like a perfect fit for this position. She is already familiar with the Quantum community, having already directed there. Her goal is not to dictate the future of the company, but rather create a space where amazing artists can contribute to the future of theatre. I am very excited to see Radio Island this fall!