Community, Leadership, Experimentation, Diversity, & Education
Pittsburgh Arts, Regional Theatre, New Work, Producing, Copyright, Labor Unions,
New Products, Coping Skills, J-O-Bs...
Theatre industry news, University & School of Drama Announcements, plus occasional course support for
Carnegie Mellon School of Drama Faculty, Staff, Students, and Alumni.
CMU School of Drama
Wednesday, September 16, 2026
Outlining Your Terms: A Look At Standard Contract Negotiations & Terms For Freelance Audio Engineers
ProSoundWeb: My work is mostly in corporate events with some broadcast and local music so my terms and experience will be centered on those. Some industries like touring music and theater work could have different norms and require a different approach when discussing rates and negotiations.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
This was an incredibly useful, informative, and in depth article I highly recommend as a read. While we talk a huge amount about the actual work of doing theater and live events, there is of course a business side to it, and for I think the many of us who end up doing freelance for at least part of our careers, it is important to think about those details of billing and work agreements up front. I personally is someone who isn't particularly disagreeable, so I often tend to agree to most things, but it is very important that you also stand up for yourself when necessary, and this provides a convenient checklist for this. I may go back to this in a couple of years.
Post a Comment