Community, Leadership, Experimentation, Diversity, & Education
Pittsburgh Arts, Regional Theatre, New Work, Producing, Copyright, Labor Unions,
New Products, Coping Skills, J-O-Bs...
Theatre industry news, University & School of Drama Announcements, plus occasional course support for
Carnegie Mellon School of Drama Faculty, Staff, Students, and Alumni.
CMU School of Drama
Monday, September 28, 2026
Ed Sheeran Cancels Gillette Stadium Shows Amid Nor’easter
www.ticketnews.com: Ed Sheeran’s two concerts at Gillette Stadium have been canceled as a powerful nor’easter moves toward New England, ending a turbulent week in which the shows had already become the center of a dispute over lineup changes and ticket refunds.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I'd be very curious as ot the extent of the preparation by the production staff for such an event. If there are any major rain precautions they have to take, and if their rig is in the air, the miniature hell that would cause for any of the riggers or other stagehands. Along with that, I'm especially curious about how the pay would function for the production staff, and if the cancellation and refunding of tickets by ticket master, tangent, the audience having to refund before 24 hours ot the concert seems ot me crazy, especially given every circumstance is beyond out of their control. It doesn't surprise me that Ticketmaster is being this predatory; however, it's disappointing that such things continue to happen. Back on the tangent, those stagehands' pay being at risk would also concern me, and I hope the union steps in to ensure they are properly compensated.
I think the cancellation of Ed Sheeran’s Gillette Stadium concerts was understandable, but it was also unfortunate for the fans who had been looking forward to seeing him. I’ve heard a lot about the nor’easter and its potential to bring wind, rain, and overall dangerous conditions, so putting the safety of thousands of attendees, staff, and performers first was the ultimately right decision. However, I think the cancellation was bound to happen because the concerts had already been surrounded by controversy. The removal of Macklemore due to his support for the Free Palestine movement, among other changes, had already caused problems for fans, including questions about refunds. Now that the weather forced the shows to be canceled entirely, everyone will receive a refund for their ticket. Overall, while the cancellation was inevitable, safety should come before entertainment, especially during severe weather.
I understand that Ed Sheeran was likely forced to cancel his performances in New England, but I can’t help but feel sorry for the avid fans who waited months to attend the performance. I am very thankful that the ticket holders were able to quickly and easily obtain refunds for their tickets. I once had tickets for a concert that was canceled, and my mom and I had to go through a lengthy process to retrieve our money. I feel that Ed Sheeran was blamed for this situation when he shouldn’t. The article stated that the concert was canceled after statements from the Patriots and Gillette Stadium owners and that Sheeran is taking the heat online for something he had almost no control over. I hope that he attempts to reschedule at least one show in New England, so that the heartbroken fans can have something to look forward to.
Post a Comment