CMU School of Drama


Thursday, September 10, 2026

Dollywood to Honor Dolly Parton With New Experiences & Installations

www.billboard.com: The team at Dollywood is working “9 to 5” to celebrate Dolly Parton and her life after the country icon’s death on Aug. 25. Eugene Naughton, the president of Dollywood Parks & Resorts, revealed the plans for the theme park located in Pigeon Forge, Tenn., during a press conference Wednesday (Sept. 2).

4 comments:

Haley Baynard said...

Something that stuck out to me was how quickly these projects were put underway, which I truly believe is a good thing. These new additions to the park don’t strike me as money-grabbing but actually something to honor the life and passing of Dolly Parton. Many of these projects will also be open by March of next year, which shows me that this is a priority for the park. I personally love that the Imagination Library is getting some recognition, as it is such a good foundation since its opening in the 90’s. A new character has been added to that experience, focusing on achieving and believing in your dreams, which will be such a positive going away message. Not just even Dollywood but some surrounding cities are also making landmark changes throughout the city to honor Dolly, which just goes to show how large and positive her impact was.

Lilly Resnick said...

I think it's really beautiful that they're honoring Dolly’s life so soon and so beautifully. It’s beautiful to see that at a time of grievance, people can turn art into a way to honor her memory, legacy, and beauty. The ideas of the chapel-side waterfall, the stained-glass Smoky Mountains, and a sculpted metal guitar. I think it’s so wonderful that they are adding all of Dolly’s fondest landmarks and memories into Dollywood. Her legacy is going to live on beautifully at this park. The more I read of this article, the more they add to this park. They are donating 330 million books, which is so reflective of her philanthropic initiative with Imagination Library, in which she gifted thousands of children the same gift of literary education. My favorite addition to this park, however, is a kiosk where you can reflect on how Dolly impacted your personal life, which I think adds a beautiful sentiment and personal touch to the park.

Anonymous said...

It seems to me that the park is simply playing catch up to what has always been true, that Dolly and Dollywood are one and the same entity. What interests me is how that will come across; there is a big difference between a tribute that is like a shrine and a tribute that shows how she became what she was. I went to Dollywood when I was 16 and it was truly one of the most magical and welcoming spaces that I got to experience with my family. The level of authenticity of the brand depends on what stories they tell about the person and how consistent the identity of that person is in everyday life, and Dolly was just that. She was always in her get-up and if she wasn't, she was able to separate her persona from her regular life. Dollywood was created for all the right reasons, and I hope that the park continues to advance and thrive even after her unfortunate passing.

Felix Eisenberg said...

Forgot to put my name^