Community, Leadership, Experimentation, Diversity, & Education
Pittsburgh Arts, Regional Theatre, New Work, Producing, Copyright, Labor Unions,
New Products, Coping Skills, J-O-Bs...
Theatre industry news, University & School of Drama Announcements, plus occasional course support for
Carnegie Mellon School of Drama Faculty, Staff, Students, and Alumni.
CMU School of Drama
Monday, September 28, 2026
Ditching The Daily Crisis
Sign Builder Illustrated, The How-To Sign Industry Magazine: It is only 9:15 on a Tuesday morning, and the day is already off to a rough start. The production manager is standing in the office inquiring about a rush job that the sales team promised would be ready by Friday. Meanwhile, an installer is on the phone because a cabinet sign scheduled for installation is still sitting unfinished in the fabrication department. Adding to the stress, purchasing has just discovered that a critical material was never ordered, and the owner is frantically trying to respond to emails from frustrated customers wondering why their projects are running behind schedule.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I think the main takeaway of this article isn’t to fix problems and streamline my business (cause I don’t have one), but to highlight the importance of creating anything structured, in this case a business, from the bottom up with the future in mind. In the future this could apply to a future business I build, but at the moment I can apply this to building my college workstyle with each new semester of different classes. With planning for my future financially, mentally, and physically. Building good practices now will prevent future emergencies down the line.
The provided audit to help businesses diagnose trouble areas in their process I think could be adapted to serve any business in any industry as it is pretty general, but it would also be good for some people to audit themselves. I’m sure you could find one online for free somewhere and over the next week follow it and diagnose any trouble areas in your daily life. Work life balance, rest, activity, etc.
Post a Comment