Community, Leadership, Experimentation, Diversity, & Education
Pittsburgh Arts, Regional Theatre, New Work, Producing, Copyright, Labor Unions,
New Products, Coping Skills, J-O-Bs...
Theatre industry news, University & School of Drama Announcements, plus occasional course support for
Carnegie Mellon School of Drama Faculty, Staff, Students, and Alumni.
CMU School of Drama
Wednesday, September 02, 2026
Disneyland is fixing Tomorrowland. Fans are demanding one thing.
www.sfgate.com: Disneyland fans walk underneath the ruined remnants of a long-gone, deeply beloved ride every time they stroll through Tomorrowland. Now, there’s a chance it may come back, as part of a refurbishment of the park’s long-neglected land.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I live very close to Disney World, so I have been going to the parks frequently since I was a child. A lot of my love for technical theatre came from learning about the behind-the-scenes work and details that went into each theme park, which is why I really wanted to read this article. A lot of Disneyland’s Tomorrowland features remnants of Walt’s original design concepts, while Disney World’s Tomorrowland only has one feature that is a Walt original concept: the People Mover. This attraction is exactly what Californian Disney fans are demanding with the rise of a new Tomorrowland. I fully agree with this fan response, because the People Mover has always been a popular ride in the parks as long as I’ve been visiting. Another point to this argument would be the fact that many Californian fans have been complaining about recent updates to the parks because of the changes being “too modern” or “not what Walt would have wanted.” If Imagineers are planning to entirely redo a Walt-original section of the park that is infamous for losing opening-day attractions but still needs to be modern and futuristic, the demand for the People Mover must be met, or fans won’t receive this update as well as Disney hopes they will.
Post a Comment