Community, Leadership, Experimentation, Diversity, & Education
Pittsburgh Arts, Regional Theatre, New Work, Producing, Copyright, Labor Unions,
New Products, Coping Skills, J-O-Bs...
Theatre industry news, University & School of Drama Announcements, plus occasional course support for
Carnegie Mellon School of Drama Faculty, Staff, Students, and Alumni.
CMU School of Drama
Monday, September 21, 2026
Costumes Ground A Multiverse in ‘Stuart Fails To Save The Universe’
www.forbes.com: For the many die hard fans of The Big Bang Theory, the continuation of the beloved sitcom through spin-offs has been a very real treat, but the latest series on HBO Max, Stuart Fails To Save The Universe, is by far the best and most hilarious offshoot from the original.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Growing up I always heard Big Bang Theory in the background while I helped my mom in the kitchen and it continued when my brother got so invested in Young Sheldon that he would play it over and over again in the living room. I think the continuation with a side character is a smart idea especially with all the die-heart fans. I could not imagine being the costume designer though, the amount of pressure Klarich must feel to replicate the same feeling and character story-telling originally done on Big Bang must be unimaginable. With Young Sheldon it was almost completely separate from Big Bang, but this new show is so connected that it must be hard. I do find it fascinating how fast the process for designing is for this show and how working at SNL actually helps Klarich with this project. I am very interested to see how the series develops and how the visual storytelling follows it.
Frankly speaking, I am not much interested in costumes on TV shows, however, the reading turned this view around. In Stuart Fails to Save the Universe, the characters go from one reality to another and it is difficult to know which is which. In order to cope with this problem, Klarich has a solution to keep "Stuart Prime" always in his reddish-orange robot tee and plaid shirt while giving the alternates some unique costume features.
How nice to see Klarich keeping a tradition and keeping Stuart's reddish-orange robot tee and plaid shirt from The Big Bang Theory! This small thing is a real present for loyal fans. The idea of Bert's post-apocalyptic coat with an oversized hood seems absolutely brilliant to me, and Denise's detachable collars made after one vintage piece look awesome!
Klarich being from SNL makes perfect sense in terms of her experience of quick changing the looks of actors in sketches.
Post a Comment