Community, Leadership, Experimentation, Diversity, & Education
Pittsburgh Arts, Regional Theatre, New Work, Producing, Copyright, Labor Unions,
New Products, Coping Skills, J-O-Bs...
Theatre industry news, University & School of Drama Announcements, plus occasional course support for
Carnegie Mellon School of Drama Faculty, Staff, Students, and Alumni.
CMU School of Drama
Friday, August 28, 2026
Review: Pittsburgh Ballet Theater’s “Ballet Under the Stars” is the Perfect End-of-Summer Family Event
onStage Pittsburgh: Although Taylor Swift declared that August “slips away like a bottle of wine,” the Pittsburgh Ballet Theater proved that there is still much enjoyment to be had before the sun sets on another summer season. The Pittsburgh Ballet Theater principal dancers and troupe members took the stage at Hartwood Acres Sunday night for their annual end-of-summer showcase entitled Ballet Under the Stars. Folding chairs and blankets adorned the lawn as audience members of all ages gathered for this beautiful tradition.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I really liked this article. I think the idea of “Ballet Under the Stars” is a fantastic concept, and I really appreciate the fact that the event was totally free to attend. In general, I think of ballet as being very high-brow, stuffy, and not very accessible - it’s beautiful, but I don’t think I’ve ever actually been to a production. PBT’s end-of-summer tradition, however, completely changes that; it’s a series of different numbers from beloved shows, with the audience on fold-out chairs and kids twirling along in the aisles. I think it’s an amazing way to get ballet to reach more people, and it helps to promote the arts to families who otherwise may not have an opportunity to see a show (i.e. those with young kids). As a whole, PBT’s “Ballet Under the Stars” is a fantastic tradition, and I hope it’s one that will continue for many years to come.
Post a Comment