CMU School of Drama


Wednesday, October 11, 2023

Meet Imagineer Björn Heerwagen

InPark Magazine: Walt Disney Imagineer Björn Heerwagen is one of five TEA Masters recognized this year by the Themed Entertainment Association. Honoring industry professionals who have significantly and meaningfully contributed to the artistry and craft of themed entertainment, many of this year’s slate of recipients will be recognized at the TEA SATE North America event in Kansas City (October 11-14, 2023). Unable to attend, Björn was recently presented with his plaque at the TEA booth during the IAAPA Expo Europe. InPark Publisher Martin Palicki sat down to talk with Björn about his career and being recognized as a TEA Master.

1 comment:

Selina Wang said...

As someone who’s currently in theatre and hopes to pursue a career in themed entertainment, I think this article has honestly given me so much faith and joy! I respect Heerwagen for his straightforwardness and for not withholding any information. He was very honest in acknowledging that he wasn’t the most academic person. Although that doesn’t directly apply to me, I still found solace in hearing that he was able to keep trying and finding the thing he loves the most. And just like Heerwagen, I also enjoy many aspects of technical theatre and themed entertainment. An important trait that I’ve learnt from this article is that one can never have too many skills. In Heerwagen’s case, he picked up a variety of skills (especially hard skills) from working in all sorts of positions in entertainment, which eventually made him someone who was irreplaceable. On a side note, TEA is also something that I recently learned about in my other class. CMU actually has a TEA club, which can also be a useful resource.