CMU School of Drama


Tuesday, October 10, 2023

Lambe-Lambe and the Radical Generosity of Miniature Puppet Theatre

HowlRound Theatre Commons: Every four years, theatre and performance artists from around the world descend on the Czech Republic to explore the most cutting edge ideas in scenography and design at the Prague Quadrennial (PQ). For ten days, the city turns into a stage as performances crop up on the streets, on islands, in public squares, and even in theatres on occasion. I attended the PQ with my students, a group of emerging dramaturgs and directors studying arts writing at the festival.

1 comment:

Joanne Jiang said...

I really liked how she described her experience, and how the way she’s different affected her experience of the piece. I really like interactive theatrical pieces, although I am sometimes scared to go onstage and interact, but this one seemed so much more intimate and close, and I really want to give it a try. Every time I make or participate in an interactive piece, I’m always worried about the audience’s experience, and how much they would interact with the piece, as their enjoyment could vary based on how much they interact. As someone who doesn’t like interacting that much in front of people, I wouldn’t say my experience is hindered that much, as I am still seeing others interact. But if the piece is much more intimate, I would probably give the interactive part a try, as there is no one there to judge, and I can relax and enjoy the show.