CMU School of Drama


Monday, March 25, 2024

Netflix moving ahead with plan to build N.J. mega studio. Here’s everything we know.

nj.com: More than a year has passed since Netflix introduced a plan to build a sprawling New Jersey production studio on a 289-acre site at a former Army base in Monmouth County. While the entertainment giant received Gov. Phil Murphy’s support and recently obtained a key approval from a local board, there are still many more sign-offs required before construction can begin.

1 comment:

Esther said...

I think that change in this industry is always controversial. It is extremely interesting to see how people in the industry only want to continue the same way they have been going for generations because they know what to expect. I think that there should be a way of thinking especially when it comes to the entertainment industry because it is always changing with the trends so when I read articles and talk to people about how things are changing and it is said in a negative tone of voice I always get surprised because in my mind I think that we, in the community that i have been involved in, are extremely open minded and open to new ideas because of the world around us. I think that it is honorable that Netflix has taken an innovative approach to expand outside of just Hollywood and try new places to film because I think they are giving more people more opportunities then the people that are in LA or make people move their to become famous.