CMU School of Drama


Wednesday, September 23, 2026

Tateside leads AV integration at the OId Granada Studios

AV Magazine: Opened in 1956 as the UK’s first purpose-built TV centre, the Old Granada Studios is a landmark of central Manchester. Once home to Coronation Street, the studios are now at the centre of a major redevelopment featuring event spaces and hospitality venues including Manchester’s first Soho House and Mollie’s Motel & Diner. London-based system integration specialists, Tateside, led the vast AV installation across both the Soho House & Mollie’s sites.

1 comment:

Gabriel Nickerson said...

The historical perspective and information about this landmark is interesting (and I am sure there were all sorts of legal regulations to go through with renovating a historically significant building, but what I find most interesting about this is the focus on not only the functionality of the equipment, but the often hidden aesthetics---they talk a fair bit about having wires hidden in custom joinery, and having equipment rise out of the woodwork (often literally). This, first off, is really cool and something that requires a lot of planning ahead for amazing results. My biggest question is how much thought did they give to the actual designs of the space? Because I have definitely been places where they tried a design and terribly misjudged the actual needs, so now the actual setup being used is janky and ugly, or just a constant pain. I am hoping they thought out uses and made the spaces versatile.