CMU School of Drama


Thursday, February 08, 2024

New York City Center Partners with Broadway Education Alliance to Recognize Scenic and Costume Design at the Roger Rees Awards

www.broadwayworld.com: The Broadway Education Alliance (“BEA”) has just announced a strategic partnership with the New York City Center Education & Community Engagement Department to introduce a scenic and costume design award that will be presented as part of The Roger Rees Awards for Excellence in Student Performance portfolio of recognitions.

1 comment:

Ella McCullough said...

I just read the article about the Jimmy awards and I expressed that I have a lot of frustrations with it. One of the frustrations I expressed was that there is no representation for technical theater. So I was quick to click on this as I saw that technical theater. I wish there was more representation for technical theater across the board. I feel similarly with larger award shows like the tony awards. I have always felt frustrated when they announce the technically theater awards separately and do not give them as much attention. I understand that the awards already take a long time to announce but I feel that it is important to give proper acknowledgment to everyone that makes the shows happen. I love seeing that an organization grounded in education is taking the time to showcase what it could look like. I hope more theaters will soon follow the lead.