CMU School of Drama


Thursday, April 20, 2023

update: Pittsburgh Shakespeare in the Parks Opens Their 19th Season with 'Twelfth Night,' and a New Comedy on April 23

onstagepittsburgh.com: PSiP’s 19th season opens with the 10th Annual Week of Will on April 23, featuring staged readings of two comedies, Twelfth Night and the premiere of Shakespeare: First Drafts by Charles David “Stoney” Richards. The Bard’s 459th birthday celebration will begin with a tribute by Mrs. Shakespeare at Oakland’s Shakespeare statue on Sunday, April 23, and Week of Will wraps up with an international online puppet slam as a finale on Saturday, April 29.

1 comment:

Allison Schneider said...

How wonderful to find an article about something happening on today’s date. And in Pittsburgh. I have never seen Shakespeare in the park, and honestly, I’ve only ever seen one Shakespeare production, that I actually enjoyed. It was a silent, music, dance, heavy production of the tempest, at Synetic theater in Washington DC. that was an amazing production. I have blocks head that I need to see more Shakespeare from professional, theaters, and learning about Pittsburgh Shakespeare in the parks is a wonderful opportunity that I hope I will be able to grab. Especially with such descriptions as to immerse oneself in a Jimmy Buffett ask environment. as someone who has been to three of his concerts with my mom, that is a fun environment. Probably one of my favorites. But in all seriousness, learning about this organization and the timing, I was a little disappointed to learn that it was this week and not next. I am hoping that next week I will be able to be in Pittsburgh and enjoy the area. Rest this week is extremely busy with the final projects of classes. But hopefully I’ll be able to see sneak away for a night and see a show.