CMU School of Drama


Thursday, March 16, 2023

Douglaston resident discusses ‘special’ opportunity to work on Comedy Central show ‘Nora from Queens’

QNS.com: Douglaston resident Michelle Li has been hard at work over the last few months working as a costume designer for the Comedy Central show “Awkwafina is Nora from Queens.” With the show’s third season set to premiere as early as this spring, Li is proud of the fact that she gets to work on a television show set in the borough she has called home for most of her life.

1 comment:

Sydney De Haan said...

So I really loved the show. It was hilarious. It was very entertaining and all of the acting it was spectacular. After reading this article, I really love how the Costume Designer was able to get so many different people involved in the production and support the local businesses and different Asian, American, up-and-coming fashion designers, and Costume Designer‘s. I think that this TV show was really well produced and definitely very authentic to the lifestyle and queens and I think the Costume Designer did a very good job of betraying each character through their clothes. Some thing I wasn’t really aware of is how New York is trying to encourage more film work in their state which I think is awesome, and really important I feel so lucky to be coming from a state that has done this already and it is opened up opportunities to me immensely and I can’t wait to see these opportunities be spread across the nation a bit more.