CMU School of Drama


Friday, March 31, 2023

Branson Cares 2023 Kickoff Show: Performance to raise money for pediatric wheelchairs

Entertainment | bransontrilakesnews.com: With a successful inaugural year in the books and a new year of fundraising ahead, Branson Cares is celebrating with a special showcase production next month. The Branson Cares 2023 Kickoff Show will take place at 2 p.m. on Sunday, April 2, at the Copeland Branson’s Theater and will feature more than a dozen performances from some of Branson’s biggest names in entertainment.

1 comment:

Jessica Williams said...

As a child, I was in a wheelchair for a long time although my disabilities were never as severe as the children helped in this article. I know how important it is to have access to the equipment that children need to be mobile and able to function. Also how important it is to know that other people are rooting for you and actively working to help you. I remember when I was in the hospital there was a group of high school volunteers who would go to every room to play games with the children who were there. I was upset that I couldn’t walk to go play with them in the activities room and one of them stayed back from the group to play uno with me until it was time for me to go under anesthesia. That small act of kindness and willingness to support me has influenced me to this day.