CMU School of Drama


Monday, April 15, 2024

A new take on 'Peter Pan' soars into the National Theatre

DC Theater Arts: Are any of us really in a hurry to grow up? The lively crowd at the National Theatre Wednesday evening would respond with a resounding “No!” Broadway at the National is currently featuring a new adaptation of Peter Pan the musical, revamped by celebrated playwright Larissa FastHorse. This new take on the original features a few new numbers and clever updates while sticking to tried and true classics. If the raucous applause upon Peter’s first flight onstage is anything to go by, this generation of theatergoers is just as interested in Peter and his story as they were in 1989.

1 comment:

Abigail Lytar said...


As a kid I grew up on disney, personally Peter Pan was not my favorite story but it was one of my brothers favorites so needless to say I watched it a lot. To me Disney is a large part of my childhood and Peter Pan was also a big part of that. I remember meeting Peter Pan and Wendy at disney numerous times and getting autographs and interacting with them, and to me as a small child it was just magical. I have always wanted to see a production of Peter Pan live, I have seen the live action ones over the years and did not really like them, however I did love Peter Pan That Goes Wrong. I am excited to see that they have made updates to the show and tried to modernize it a little. I am very interested to see how those updates will change the story and perhaps the characterization of the characters. I do agree with the article that it is strange to have the pirates singing a parody of “I won’t Grow Up”