CMU School of Drama


Friday, November 03, 2023

Megapixel: Redefining visual technology

TPi: Amid the dynamic and ever-evolving landscape of live entertainment technology, Megapixel has earned a reputation as a pioneer in the field of LED processing, real-time monitoring, and bespoke live event solutions. Founded in 2017, the firm has emerged with a clear vision – to be an engineering-first, solutions-driven organisation that tackles the most ambitious and technically challenging projects the sector has to offer.

1 comment:

Claire M. said...

I really like this article, as it describes the transition between broadband technology to a networked solution. I went through this transition myself in my old high school theater, as when I first started designing shows, it was on a purely conventional rig with a lighting board that was still running off of floppy disks. After the pandemic, our school thankfully received an arts and culture grant from the Minnesota department of education to upgrade our theatrical systems. This let us have enough to have a whole new system installed, a fully LED rig with an etc ion console. This was my first knowledge of networked lighting, and I had to diagnose some incredibly weird issues on our new system. It did however, much like the article says, make it easier to control large amounts of fixtures, and create complex systems and looks. I love LED technology, and I think that it has an incredible potential that hasn’t fully been realized.