CMU School of Drama


Thursday, July 25, 2019

Picklesburgh Doubles Footprint For Fifth Year

90.5 WESA: Picklesburgh hasn’t exactly been in a pickle. Last year, its fourth, the pickle-themed festival drew an estimated 100,000 or more to the Roberto Clemente Bridge. And the three-day specialty-foods event has continued attracting national attention. But with vendors lining both sides of the bridge, and visitors crowding blacktop and sidewalks alike, things could get both a little hot and a little crowded.

1 comment:

Carson W. said...

Picklesburgh is a big event here in Pittsburgh. The article is very informative about what it is. I have personally attended only once, last year. I was immediately struck by the crowds. There were so many people, the entire time. They completely fill up the bridge with festival items, booths, and more. The article brings up many interesting tidbits about it. I was shocked that it was only the fifth year this year. This significantly surprised me. I was also very surprised that they are doubling the footprint of the festival itself. I hope the expansion will help draw down the crowds because I think that that was the biggest thing keeping people from going to Picklesburgh. Heinz is also a big sponsor. This year, the article states that there will be a lot of live performances. I think that this will be very good, and entertaining. Last year there were a few, but The expansion may help to expand the popularity as well.