CMU School of Drama


Friday, March 01, 2024

Commentary: Pittsburgh Public's 'Dragon Lady' Streamed Live; 'Book of Mormon': What's Changed and What Remains the Same

onstagepittsburgh.com: I was treated to a link last weekend to see Sara Porkalob’s final Pittsburgh Public Theater performance of Dragon Lady live, on a screen, in the comfort of home. I had seen the one-woman musical play, in person, on opening night at the O’Reilly Theater, so the viewing was to see the result when it was streamed by The League of Live Stream Theater, billed as “the global stage for nonprofit theater.”

1 comment:

Ella McCullough said...

This article has two parts. The first part talked about dragon lady being shown live and I wish I had known that was happening because I would have loved to watch. I have talked about this before but as an individual from Boise, Idaho I struggled to get access to really good high quality theater. For that reason I have always been a big fine of live streams and recordings of shows. It helps us get theater out of the major cities and to more people. The second half of this article talks about the book of mormon and the changes that are being made in the show. I don’t know much about the show so it didn’t mean much to me but I am curious about how the process of getting changes like that made in a show that is already open and running. Do they have to go back to the entire production team, writers, directors, producers ect? Is there even a process or is it something they can just do.