CMU School of Drama


Wednesday, August 28, 2024

Pittsburgh Fashion Week Runway Show 2024: New Production Team Looks to Add More Excitement

Entertainment Central Pittsburgh: Fashion shows can be a very exciting experience—creative designer fashions, beautiful models, and sparkling jewelry all gracefully strutted on the runway. Pittsburgh Fashion Week’s Runway Show is a top notch event. This year’s festivities will take place Friday, September 27th at The Wintergarden at PPG Place. The beautiful space will will be transformed into the (PGHFW24) Pittsburgh Fashion Week’s 2024 Fashion Runway Show, featuring a new production team that adds even more fun and creativity.

1 comment:

Sharon Alcorn said...

I have never attended a fashion show or taken part in one, but I have always had an interest in fashion and clothing. The pieces that are pictured in this article are styles and silhouettes I would definitely wear, and I immediately gravitated towards the purple and white suit jacket in the third picture. It reminds me of Rose’s first outfit in Titanic (1997), and I would love to add a similar piece to my wardrobe. There were several elements that I found interesting upon zooming into all three designs, including the headbands that keep the extravagant hats in place.

The article does not state when these designs debuted, but I am interested in finding more designs in the same collection. There are so many little ruffles, bows, and floral elements that seem to be a recurring theme. I’m thinking of going to the fashion show in Pittsburgh this September to see what the theme is, and how they incorporate elements unique to Pittsburgh, as said in the article.