CMU School of Drama


Tuesday, September 12, 2023

Alcorn McBride: Pathways to growth

InPark Magazine: In the rapidly evolving world of technology and engineering, companies are constantly seeking new talent and innovative minds. But what is the best way to attract and nurture such talent? We explored the immersive internship program of Alcorn McBride. This small-but-mighty company of 21 employees has evolved a successful model for welcoming and fostering the next generation of engineering professionals.

1 comment:

Leumas said...

I chose to write about this article because it represents something that I would love to get involved in. I am interested in pursuing summer internships in the world of entertainment technology over my time here at CMU. Themed entertainment is a field that I have thought about a lot before because it uses a lot of the same skills that we learn in theater. I found this article helpful because it describes what an internship in theater technology could look like. It seems like something I really want to do and I want to apply for internships similar to it. That being said, I am somewhat concerned about whether I will have the engineering skills that I will need to do well in these internships. It sounds like this company has their interns doing real software development work and I am not going to have those skills until the end of sophomore year at the earliest. Overall this article gave me hope that there are internships that exist in fields I am interested in, but also warned me that I need to be putting in real work to find those internships and that I have a lot still to learn.