CMU School of Drama


Thursday, September 21, 2023

Successful LD SYSTEMS DAY - First MAILA presentation in Dubai

LightSoundJournal.com: The Adam Hall Group looks back on a successful LD SYSTEMS DAY in Dubai. Together with the LD Systems sales partner PRO LAB, the global event technology manufacturer invited to a one-day partner and customer event at the PRO LAB headquarters on 7 September. The highlight was the first hands-on demonstration of the LD Systems MAILA system in the United Arab Emirates.

1 comment:

Hikari said...

I enjoyed reading this article because it was something I am not very familiar with about: the engineering aspect of lighting. Though I help with lighting work study and went through first and second year stagecraft, the engineering and computer engineering aspects are very iffy for me. Obviously since this was an article from the Light Sound Journal, it was a bit hard to read since I didn't know a lot of terms. But this gave me the opportunity to look up what Maila is, ProLab, and I didn't even know that LD Systems Day was a thing. Having more exposure to these terms and having a sense of what the industry has is very nice. I think that having this event internationally is very fun and inclusive of theater makers and lighting designers worldwide. One thing I wish the article went in more depth about, however, is what about this day was successful instead of just saying that it was.