CMU School of Drama


Wednesday, September 27, 2023

Grant Morrison, Brian Michael Bendis Make Pro-Labor Comic

gizmodo.com: Grant Morrison, Matteo Pizzolo, and Brian Michael Bendis (all WGA members) teamed up with a group of TV writers (also WGA members) to create comics anthology General Strike: Calexit and Other Tales of Fighting the Good Fight. The collection is “dedicated to the struggle for economic equality” and the publisher, Black Mask Studios, “is matching the writers fees with donations to the Entertainment Community Fund.”

1 comment:

Jessica Williams said...

Grant Morrison is one of the absolute best comic book writers of all time. I grew up reading all of my dad’s old comics from the 70s and 80s and spent a large chunk of my free time at my hometown’s comic book store. So I hold a deep love and respect for the medium. So this is extremely exciting news to me. Now I am not the biggest fan of Brian Michael Bendis but I don’t dislike him and Grant Morrison on the project more than makes up for my lackluster feelings toward the other author. Comic books are a fantastic medium, especially to talk about social issues like this. Hell, the original x men series were about the Civil Rights movement in America, the first widely distributed comic books were about World War II and the Holocaust and the entire industry was forged by American Jews during wartime. So there is a long history of comic books discussing and taking very strong positions on the happenings of the day.