CMU School of Drama


Monday, April 09, 2018

Puppets, Proletarians, Things That Go Pop, and Police Violence

Pittsburgh in the Round: Welcome back to Fringe Festival Weekend, Pittsburghers! Time for another round of bouncing around between a ton of independent performances throughout the North Side. While I eased into my first Fringe experience with only two shows on day 1 last year, this time – as a grizzled old veteran – I jumped in with a Four Show Friday. And man, did we cover some emotional range.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

What a nice little set of reviews of some of the productions that are apart of Pittsburgh’s Fringe Festival! I also really enjoyed the tidbits of what restaurants or coffee shops this show goer hit up during her theatrical adventures. The Puppet show, Bounder the Rescue Dog looks and sounded really wonderful, I haven’t seen puppets used in a show since Avenue Q. The other works she mentioned also sounded interesting and creative. I love hearing about work that I have never seen or hear about because it diversifies what I personally think of as theatre. I am personally not the biggest fan of one-man shows, however, Marx in Soho sounded really interesting, given the general US consensus of Marxism. Bottle Rockets also sounded like another roller-coaster of a show. I love shows about family, maybe because it's the most relatable content, and the way the writer summarized kept me intrigued and the whole storyline was not ruined. Love me a tear-jerker.