CMU School of Drama


Monday, April 30, 2018

30 Under 30: Rachel Rozzi, Audio Technician

Live Design: Rachel Rozzi isn’t one to shy away from a challenge. After teaching herself everything she could learn about live sound, from scouring manuals to reading each interview she could get her hands on, she enrolled at the Blackbird Academy, and graduated at the top of her class. Just days after her graduation, she joined The Rolling Stones tour and worked on production for their 2016 historic show for an audience of 1.5 million in Havana, Cuba. Last year, she won a Pensado Award, one of the audio industry’s highest honors, for her work with Florida Georgia Line. She’s currently on staff at Clair Global as an audio tech, and is out on Justin Timberlake’s Man Of The Woods Tour.

1 comment:

Rachel Kolb said...

I love hearing about women in the audio industry because I is such a male dominated industry so to see a female face. This school also perpetuated the gender gap in the audio industry. I know I’m not supposed to say that I will be declaring a certain discipline definitively, so I will use it as a hypothetical. Hypothetically, if I declare sound design here at CMU I will be the only female declared sound designer. That is kind of discouraging to me especially with all of the talk about the sexism in the industry. This is why it inspires me to hear about woman like Rachel Rozzi
Who is seceding and is a strong figure in the industry. One thing that I love is that Ms. Rozzi talked about how much work she did herself to get to where she is. She took her education in her own hands and did what he had to do to become great. That discipline and example of what you can do on your own to become great is inspiring.