CMU School of Drama


Friday, April 27, 2018

NewTek Introduces LiveGraphics Workflow for Live Production

Church Production Magazine: NewTek announces LiveGraphics, an entirely new approach to the creation of real-time motion graphics that does not require a proprietary hardware graphics engine. With NewTek LiveGraphics, content authored in Adobe Photoshop CC and Adobe After Effects CC is available for live output from TriCaster TC1 and NewTek IP Series with fully replaceable text and images that can be driven by live data and web content.

1 comment:

Katie Pyzowski said...

I think it is interesting that the jumping off point for this new software was not creating new tools, but "in developing an entirely new workflow" for animation and live graphics. This stuck out to me because as a person pretty terribly skilled with computers, when I learn a new program or application, I end up at roadblocks because the application does not have the same workflow as other applications I already know do. I get frustrated that I can not just do the thing i want, but I have to do two other things as well, unlike the other application. Perhaps this has to do more with the interface and the tool belt than it does with workflow, but when I was learning AutoCAD, the one thing that I kept grasping onto was that a bunch of the tools and layering systems were really similar to Photoshop, and that was my jumping off point for feeling more comfortable using the tool. I wonder how this marketing and development strategy will work out for NewTek: will the market love it, or will they condemn it for being different?