CMU School of Drama


Tuesday, April 24, 2018

Design-Focused 'in 1: the podcast' Welcomes HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD Lighting Designer Neil Austin

www.broadwayworld.com: Lumos Maxima! It's opening weekend for Harry Potter and the Cursed Child on Broadway so we're sitting down with a true lighting wizard, Neil Austin! He's tight lipped about the secrets of the show but he does share with us how it has felt to be working on such a cultural phenomenon and when he realized this was to be no ordinary show.

1 comment:

APJS said...

Neil Austin has my dream job. I love and have always loved to travel and to see the world. It would be a dream come true to combined the 2 things l love the most in to one career. Being from Florida and working at Universal Studios Orlando, when they first opened the first Harry Potter themed area, I can not tell you how much I am a fan of the whole franchise. It is astonish to imagine being on a show with this much fandom before you, as a designer, even puts pin to paper. I really want to take a few hours to sit down and actually listen to this pod cast in its entirety, but maybe next time. All I can say is it is my goal to be a rebound international theatre designer that gets the huge up and coming named shows like this one. #GOALS