CMU School of Drama


Monday, April 23, 2018

Hitachi C10RJ 10” Jobsite Table Saw Review - Fold It Up And Roll On

Home Fixated: Last year, my brother Steve called, asking for advice on a new table saw. He had a massive old Craftsman saw (doesn’t everybody?), which still worked fine. He doesn’t use it often, though, and it takes up a good bit of real estate in his one-car garage. He wanted a pro-grade saw that could handle a big project when he was feeling motivated, but which could live quietly in a corner somewhere when he wasn’t. About this time, a Hitachi C10RJ portable jobsite saw rolled into HomeFixated’s driveway (more on that shortly); we’ll take a look, and see if it would be a good choice for Steve – or anyone looking for a portable pro-grade table saw.

2 comments:

Drew H said...

Hitachi makes average tools in my experience. They aren’t top of the line, but aren’t trash. I think the review of this table saw sounds like a top of the line tool which is exciting. What I find most exciting about this saw is it appears to stray from the standard jobsite saw design. Usually a mobile saw like this is a benchtop saw on a rolling stand, however this saw is fully integrated into the stand. There is overkill in terms of structure and there is wasted space when you put a saw on a frame that is not there when you build the saw into the frame. I really do like this design, although its not quite there with the bosch portable stand. I didn’t even know that Hitachi made table saws. I suppose that makes sense since I knew they made more than just power hand tools (i.e. I knew they make a miter saw). Here is my big point though, I don’t like jobsite/portable table saws for anything thicker than 1”. Sure it can do it, but at a certain point it will almost definitely bind up leaving a dirty saw mark and I have never used a portable table saw that I didn’t feel like I was going to push over.

Anonymous said...

Awesome article! I want people to know just how good this information is in your article. It’s interesting, compelling content. Your views are much like my own concerning this subject. Best table saw